Warm up your cockles this holiday season with our solid traditional mulled-mead recipe.
For more information on the subject, check out our Mulled Mead article...
- 2 cardamom pods
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp whole cloves
- 1 whole nutmeg, smashed with a hammer
- Half a thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 slice of orange rind
- 1 slice of lemon rind
- 1 bottle of top quality, traditional still mead
- Firstly, gently crush the cardamom pods and allspice berries using the flat side of a knife.
- Next, take a cheesecloth of mulling spices bag, and put the citrus peel, the cardamom seeds, the crushed allspice, one piece of your smashed nutmeg, and all the other spices inside before tying a tight knot in the top.
- Pour the mead into a saucepan, and drop the spices bag inside.
- Gently heat until warmed through (do not boil), and serve among friends.